Pinterest is like an abyss of cute life hacks.
SOMEONE MAKE ME SOME OF THESE
THIS MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY???
I need to do this
• any cut of chicken (cut into bite size and marinate with salt, pepper, soy sauce)
• few slices of ginger and/or garlic
• (optional) a stalk of lemon grass, cut [to fit into rice cooker] and crush slightly [for better aroma]
- prepare rice (wash and add enough…
HOLY TITS, BATMAN
ALLISON I DEMAND IT
Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 cup light cream or whipping cream
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cups Jameson (or any other Irish whiskey)
1 tsp instant coffee
2 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (not necessary)
Combine all ingredients in a blender on high speed for 30 seconds. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using. Keeps for about 2 months!
ALRIGHT Y’ALL, YOU WANT SOMETHING GOOD?
This here is a recipe for BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD BERRY COBBLER and it’s SO FUCKING DELICIOUS
Original recipe can be found here, but I made some executive decisions (all noted below) and it’s SO GOOD and SO EASY
technicallyeven SUGAR FREE (but it’s all full of butter and cream, so it’s kinda hard to pretend it’s actually healthy…but like, BERRIES!)
Here we go:
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Melt the butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet — or if you’re like me, a nice non-stick round baking pan or pie dish.
- 2 tablespoons
unsalted butter (y’all life is too short to worry what kind of butter to buy — if you use salted, maybe don’t put so much salt in the rest? whatever.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (either go buy some or you can make some — heck you could probably just sub the buttermilk for regular milk and leave out the baking soda)
2(nah bro more like at least 3) tablespoons honey, plus extra for drizzling (you’ll want like 2 tbs for that btw)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh berries (actually I never measured the berries — just put a Whole Damn Bunch in there and fill the pan right the fuck up. I’ve made it with combinations of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (okay, so one time I made this but didn’t have the heavy cream, so I subbed 1%, some leftover buttermilk, and a little extra butter to pour on top, and it was STILL AWESOME)2. Mix the dry (cornmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda, salt.3. Mix the wet (egg, honey, buttermilk, vanilla)4. Mix them two together! Then pour that into the pan right on top of the melted butter! Cooking is fun!5. Put a Whole Bunch of berries right on top! Don’t stir, but maybe push them down a little. Poke them right in there. Just like that. Oh yeah. Don’t stop — because the more berries, the better.6. Pour the cream (or whatever) right on top. Don’t stir! Stirring’s for people who like washing spoons!7. Bake that shit! It takes like 30 minutes, or until the middle isn’t all gooey. (Maybe put it on a pan to catch spills? Or not, you’re rebel anyway.)8. While it’s hot, pour a bunch of honey over it all, especially around the puffed up edges.9. EAT IT WHILE IT’S HOT, OH MY GOD IT’S SO GOOD. Maybe even put some vanilla ice cream on that.